Did you know?
From the Department of Education:
- If a child reads or is read to for 20 minutes every day he or she is exposed to about 1.8 million words of text every year. That is 137 new words per minute!
- If families read together for 20 minutes a day, 7 days per week, they get more than 121 hours of bonding time per year.
- For every year you read with your child, average lifetime earnings increase by $50,000. You make a $250,000 gift to your child from birth to age five by reading aloud, just 20 minutes a day.
MP Consulting Resources is a consortium of experienced early childhood and family services professionals whose goal is to support those who work with young children and their families.
Our consultants work with all types of early childhood programs including HS/EHS, and private child care programs to:
- develop new programs or improve an existing one,
- assist programs in implementation of HS/EHS grants,
- customize training for staff, parents, Policy Council, and Board, and
- write and/or implement grants.